Thursday, May 15, 2008

Coffee Nonsense

Everywhere I turn Starbucks is pouring me more than i need from a coffee shop. Whatever happened to that corner coffee shop where the music is relevent and there is no hassels at the counter. I just want to order a coffee without being offered a low fat pastry while being bombarded with the latest from Kenny G. Please don't try to sell me what you think is the way people want to be treated while getting there morning latte. If one more barista gives me that phony " welcome to the longest line you'll stand into today " nonsense i'll scream . Starbucks if you want to bring back the customer experience just give us the coffee and lets us go. We like the free thinking at the register not the script thats being rejurgitated.

1 comment:

nono said...

funny...I thought the same thing. I expressed this to a certain someone holding those reins above me. I don't understand why they try to mask the fact that they are just money hungry capitalists. They tell you its to give the customers the starbucks expeirence. When really we know its to get that extra dollar. Instead of embracing "ambiguity" we are forced to fit an image, and read a script. If i knew i was being hired as an actor, i would have asked for a lot more money.